- Latest News
- POW-MIA Vigil - Presented by Vietnam Veterans, Inc.
- Avalon Library Events - 8/25 thru 9/3
- Measuring Worship (sermon)
- DUI Task Force Schedule
- Bellevue Police Reports - 6/18 thru 7/31
- Avalon Police Reports - 8/8 thru 8/21
- New Executive Director Hired for COG
- Northgate School District News
- Avonworth School District News
- NHCO - September Events
- Bellevue Arrests Two in Burglary
- Bayne Library Events - 7/19 thru 9/2
- NHCO - August Events
- Neville Island Community Advisory Panel
- Kathryn Hyslop Exhibition at the Herman Museum
- NHCO - Collecting for Millvale Fire
- NHCO - Open Your Heart to a Senior
- Ben Avon Area Historical Association Historical Lecture 2016 Series
- Looking for Pictures of JFK Visit to North Boroughs
- Pittsburgh Downtown Partnership Events and News
- New Horizons - Peer Support Center
- Are You Aware? Find Out About Crime in Your Community
- Looking for a Job?
Word of the Day--Trumpery
James P. Hibbard, Jr., Bellevue
James M. Olzewski, Avalon
James L. Raines, Emsworth
The West Hills DUI Task Force will be conducting enforcement operations during the weekend of 08-26-16 through 08-28-16. These operations will be in the form of Sobriety Checkpoints and/or roving DUI patrols.
Officers from Avalon Borough, Bellevue Borough, Carnegie Borough, Coraopolis Borough, Crescent Township, Edgeworth Borough, Findlay Township, Kennedy Township, Leetsdale Borough, Moon Township, North Fayette Township, Ohio Township, Robinson Township, Sewickley Borough and Stowe Township will be taking part in these operations.
The Quaker Valley COG has hired Susan Hockenberry as its new Executive Director to replace John Jakila. The COG (Council of Governments) is a non-profit organization of representatives from 14 municipalities along the Ohio River, reaching from Bellevue to Leet. Ms. Hockenberry is a graduate of Clarion University (Political Science) with a masters degree from Indiana University of PA (Public Administration). She also has a Certificate from Stanford for Executive Program for non-profit Leaders. For the past 14 years, Ms. Hockenberry was the Executive Director of the Local Government Academy after serving 10 years as the Director of Administration for O'Hara Township.
The Ben Avon Area Historical Association (BAAHA) is looking for copies of old photos of John F. Kennedy's visit to Pittsburgh in October of 1962 for a future program and for our archives. JFK was in a motorcade that traveled up the Ohio River Boulevard on Friday, October 12th from Aliquippa to downtown Pittsburgh and then on to McKeesport and Monessen. During this ride, he went through the North Boros and stopped at Holy Family Institute. We are looking for old photos that residents of the North Boros or Holy Family employees may have taken during his trip. If anyone has a photo of this event, we would appreciate it if they would scan it and send it to :
Thank you for your help in preserving the history of the North Boros.
Looking for a Job?
- More Jobs
- More Help Finding Them
- More Choices
Words of Faith:
Sermon by Dr Rev John Lolla, Jr
Let's Go Pens
Looking for a Job?
Looking for an Employee?
Post Announcements and Best Wishes for Birthdays, Anniversaries and Special Occasions
Send to: email@example.com
Once a Marine, Always a Marine
Did you serve in the Corps?
Would you like to help other Marines?
Become a member of the:
3 Rivers Leatherneck Detachment #310
Fact..... Epilepsy affects over 3 million Americans of all ages – more than multiple sclerosis, cerebral palsy, muscular dystrophy, and Parkinson’s disease combined. Almost 500 new cases of epilepsy are diagnosed every day in the United States. Epilepsy affects 50,000,000 people worldwide.