North Boroughs Football Scores - 11/21/14 - Playoff Finals
Avonworth 14, Clairton 46
- DUI Task Force Schedule
- NHCO Competes for $20,000 Makeover - Please Vote
- Bayne Library Events - 11/26 thru 1/1
- Avalon Library Events - 11/25 thru 12/6
- Chamber of Commerce - Season of the Stars - December 5th
- Greenstone Chrismas Candlelight Service - December 10th
- Bellevue Police Reports - 11/12 thru 11/17
- Avalon Police Reports - 11/12 thru 11/16
- Enter into the Joy (sermon)
- Crash Kills One and Injures Another in Bellevue
- Avonworth Board Notes - 11/4/14
- Bellevue Police Reports -11/12/14
- Northgate Band Leader Remembered
- Northgate - The Brain Program
- Bayne Library Events - 10/30/14 thru 11/27/14
- Assumption School Salutes and Thanks Vets -11/11
- Northgate School Board Highlights - 10/21
- Northgate Teacher Named Winner of "Leadership Unboxed"
- Avalon Library Events - 11/3 thru 11/11
- DUI Task Force Schedule
- Avonworth - Champions of Change
- Business of the Month - Lawrence T. Miller Funeral Home
- The Psychic Sisters at Bayne Library
- NHCO - Open Your Heart to a Senior
- North Hills Community Outreach - Events
- New Horizons - Peer Support Center
- Are You Aware? Find Out About Crime in Your Community
- Looking for a Job?
Word of the Day--Nostology
Richard J. Wisniewski, Bellevue
The West Hills DUI Task Force
will be conducting enforcement operations during the Thanksgiving Holiday, 11-26-14 through 11-30-14. These operations will be in the form of sobriety checkpoints and/or roving DUI patrols.
Officers from Avalon Borough, Bellevue Borough, Carnegie Borough, Coraopolis Borough, Crescent Township, Edgeworth Borough, Findlay Township, Kennedy Township, Leetsdale Borough, Moon Township, North Fayette Township, Ohio Township, Robinson Township, Sewickley Borough and Stowe Township will be taking part in these operations.
Hampton, PA: North Hills Community Outreach was selected as one of 150 food pantries across the United States to compete to win a share of $1.5 million in funding through WalMart Foundation’s "Food Pantry Holiday Makeover" Campaign. The 75 food pantries with the most online votes from the public from December 2 to December 12 will receive a $20,000 grant.
The campaign will provide funding for infrastructure improvements or equipment purchases so that organizations can better help hungry families. If NHCO is a winner, the organization plans to purchase a walk-in freezer that will be located at the Hampton site and will store food for all three of NHCO’s pantries, including Hampton, North Boroughs (in Bellevue), and Millvale. Last year NHCO served 5,606 local families in crisis, hardship and poverty. In addition to operating three food pantries and an organic community garden, NHCO offers more than 20 programs ranging from emergency services to long-term solutions that help families break the cycle of poverty and work toward self-sufficiency. NHCO’s three pantries serve more than 1,600 families each year.
“Quite often we have to turn away certain perishable donations because we have so little freezer space,” noted Sharon Wolf, NHCO’s executive director. “A donation of 100 hams or 50 turkeys could feed a lot of hungry families. With a freezer, we could accept large quantities of frozen food, plan distributions more efficiently, and feed more families in need.”
Voting begins at 12:01 am, Tuesday, December 2and endsat 11:59 pm, Friday, December 12 at www.walmart.com/holidaymakeover. Winners will be announced Monday, December 15.
Pittsburghers and the general public are encouraged to vote every day during the voting period. To vote online, participants need to have a valid Facebook account. Starting December 2, participants should go to walmart.com/holidaymakeover and select the food pantry either by 15101 zip code look up or by looking up North Hills Community Outreach in a search box. Participants then click on the “vote” button and log into their Facebook account to complete the voting process. Participants can vote once online per 24 hours; voting resets 24 hours from the time the participant last voted. Note that “liking” the WalMart Facebook page or clicking the “Like” button DOES NOT count as a vote.
For more information, please contact NHCO at 412-487-6316 option 1.
Looking for a Job?
- More Jobs
- More Help Finding Them
- More Choices
Avonworth School District
Meet Avonworth's New Middle School/High School Assistant Principal
School Board Notes -October 13, 2014
School Performance Profile
Words of Faith:
"Enter into the Joy"
Sermon by Rev Catherine Purves
Looking for a Job?
Looking for an Employee?
Post Announcements and Best Wishes for Birthdays, Anniversaries and Special Occasions
Send to: email@example.com
Once a Marine, Always a Marine
Did you serve in the Corps?
Would you like to help other Marines?
Become a member of the:
3 Rivers Leatherneck Detachment #310
Fact..... Epilepsy affects over 3 million Americans of all ages – more than multiple sclerosis, cerebral palsy, muscular dystrophy, and Parkinson’s disease combined. Almost 500 new cases of epilepsy are diagnosed every day in the United States. Epilepsy affects 50,000,000 people worldwide.